How to create from scratch Aero Glass Vista button in Photoshop
The following article demonstrates how to create Aero Glass Vista button in Photoshop.
This is the result we want to achieve:
1. Let's create a new document, 230х180 and fill it with color
2. We use Rounded Rectangle Tool, with 5 pixel radius, black color, and draw (stretch) it the following way:
3. So the next step Layer → Layer Style → Blending Options and set it the following way:
Color gradient from
4. Now that we have created the frame of the button, apply glass effect then use this selection:
5. Create a new layer.
6. Now hold Ctrl + Shift + Alt, and click cursor to where the arrow shows in the image, then Select → Modify → Contract with value 1 pixel.
7. Set the foreground color to white and change the color of the selection using , you'll get the following result:
8. Reduce the opacity to 20% and get this:
9. Then add your text and you will have the button shown below: